Friday 11 July 2014

Letter to Glenn Meredith from Aunt Dorthy

August 1, 1991

Dear Glenn,
     Everyone seemed to enjoy the day Saturday.  It was wonderful so many came and the wonderful part of the day was a beautiful cool July day.  We were indeed blessed.

     Glenn it takes someone to take hold of an idea and go with it.  I want to thank you for doing just that.  It would have never happened if you and Shirley hadn't had the enthusiasm and desire to make it happen.  I thank you for it.

     I hope you had a good trip home.  You are use to driving long trips alone but you had many thoughts to accompany you.

     My thoughts of your Dad and Mother, they had goals and ideas and they didn't let go until they made them happen.

     The world has to have those kinds of people, then there are the followers.  There has to be both kinds.  Then there are those that find fault with any thing that other people think of.  We don't need those kind but we have them.  One time Wilbur said, "pick up your feet and quit dragging."  He had ideas and goals and many times I wasn't one to push; instead I dragged along.  If we had more pushers, more positive persons instead of negative people. 

     I have been more negative, why?  I wonder.  Mother was a negative person to a certain extent.  Father wanted to do things, go places, she would rather stay home.  I think of the hard work she had in feeding and clothing her family with no convenience, she was glad to have him take some of us and go.

     She always made it possible for him to go.  His shoes were polished, he had clean clothes to look clean and dressed in the best they had.  I remember her saying, "he is before the public and how he looked was a reflection on her. " It didn't matter about her.  He came first.  She helped him in the only way she knew how.  She was such a clean person.  She said many times, "it is no sin to be poor, but it is a sin to be dirty." 

     I hope you find happiness and contentment with another mate.  There is nothing worse than being alone.

     Thanks for being you.
     Our love to you
     Aunt Dorthy and Uncle Wilbur

     Thanks for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment